CARE they need, LOVE they deserve.
We’re so happy that you’ve come to CDLC in search of your new pet! Our Adoption Center is full of amazing cats and kittens ready to find their forever homes. All of our adoptable dogs are in foster homes. Below is an outline of how our application process works:
PLEASE NOTE: WE RECEIVE MANY EMAILS DAILY. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADOPTING AN ANIMAL FROM OUR ORGANIZATION WE HIGHLY SUGGEST COMPLETING AN ADOPTION APPLICATION. RESPONDING TO ALL "INQUIRIES" IS NOT OFTEN POSSIBLE AS WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS AND LIMITED TIME IS A REALISTIC COMPONENT TO OUR EFFORTS.
SUBMITTING AN "APPLICATION" TELLS US YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT AND HAVE SPENT TIME CONSIDERING THE COMMITMENT OF ANIMAL ADOPTION. THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 HAS INCREASED ANIMAL ADOPTION DEMAND AND HAS LOWERED THE AVAILABILITY OF VOLUNTEERS. WE ARE TRYING OUR BEST TO KEEP UP AND TO MAKE ANIMAL ADOPTIONS AS CONVENIENT AS POSSIBLE.
Please note: We typically Do Not Do Same Day Adoptions. There can be some exceptions to this policy depending on travel distances.
A few things to note:
Our Adoption fee includes spay/neuter, microchip, current vaccinations, deworming/parasite preventative, heart-worm testing and preventative in dogs, and testing for FIV/Felv/HW in cats.
*CDLC only runs fecal tests on animals showing symptoms of a parasitic infection. Each animal is given a preventative dewormer that is ~98% effective. The odds are likely that your animal came into our Adoption Center with a parasite. 2% of cases are not resolved by the initial dewormer, but you may wish to talk to your vet about running an easy and inexpensive fecal test at your initial check up if you have concerns.
1325 South Main Street, Algonquin, Illinois 60102, United States
DUE to COVID-19 restrictions we allow visitors by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Social distancing is extremely important for the safety of our volunteers, visitors and animals. Please wear a facial mask when you come to visit.
WE ARE ARE OPEN FOR VISITORS:
Saturday 10:00am - 12:30 pm
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up an appointment to meet our amazing animals. Our animals love visitors. Thank you for your support!
1325 South Main Street, Algonquin, Illinois 60102. Appointments are required for visitation.
VISITATION HOURS: SATURDAY 10 am - 12:30 pm
Copyright © 2021 CDLC - All Rights Reserved.
Email for appointments: email@example.com
We are thrilled to welcome you!